> Jawahar Lal Nehru Biography
Jawahar Lal Nehru Biography
- 1st Prime Minister of India - 15 August 1947 – 27 May 1964
- Born - 14 November 1889
Allahabad, North-Western Provinces, British India
- Died -27 May 1964 (aged 74)
New Delhi, India
- Political Party - Indian National Congress
- Spouse(s) - Kamala Kaul
- Children - Indira Gandhi
- Alma Mater - Trinity College, Cambridge Inns of Court
- Profession - Barrister
- Religion - None (Agnostic atheism)
- Writings - The Discovery of India, Glimpses of World History, and autobiography, Toward Freedom.
- Awards - Bharat Ratna (1955)
Popularly known as Panditji, children addressing him as Chachaji, Jawaharlal Nehruji is often associated with a Red Rose which is a symbol of love, was born on 14th November 1889, took active participation in the independence movement of the country joining hands with Mahatma Gandhiji, thereon undergoing trials and tribulations, ultimately to become the first Prime Minister of Independent India.
Nehruji held the office of the President of Indian National Congress, also became one of the founding members of International Non-Aligned Movement, that way popular worldwide as one striving for Global peace and unity.
Jawaharlal Nehru was considered a leftist among congress circles, pioneering Democratic Socialism, advocating public sector undertakings as means of economic development, which he believed as the only way for countries of poor infrastructural conditions to grow.
Born in the Noble family of Motilal Nehru, who was also an active Congressman, Nehrujis succession in family also, his daughter Indira Gandhi and grandson Rajiv Gandhi, became the Prime Ministers of India carrying good reputation and also martyrdom.