> Amitabh Bachchan Biography
Amitabh Bachchan Biography
- Born Name -Amitabh Harivansh Bachchan
- Date of Birth-11 October 1942 (age 68)
- Place - Allahabad India
- Occupation - Actor, Producer, Singer, Television Presenter
- Years Active - 1969–Present
- Spouse Jaya Bhaduri (1973–present)
Amitabh Bachchan biography profile tells us that he appears in Indian movies. He has also produced some films. He was born on October 11 1942. From the biography of Amitabh Bachchan we get to know that he started his career in the 1970s and became popular as the angry young man of Hindi cinema. He is one of the most popular face of Indian cinema.
- Amitabh Bachchan was born in Allahabad Uttar Pradesh.
- He was the elder son of poet Dr Harivansh Bachchan and Teji Bachchan. Ajitabh was his brother.
- Originally his surname was Srivastava but Dr. Harivansh took the pen-name Bachchan. Since then all his family members took the surname Bachchan.
- The biography of Amitabh Bachchan says the he attended Jnana Prabodhini and Boy’s High School in Allahabad. He completed his graduation from Sherwood College in Nainital in the arts stream. Later he studied Bachelor of Science in Kirori Mal College in Delhi.
- He worked as a freight broker in a shipping firm in Kolkata. His mother influenced him to take up acting. He gave up his job and came to Mumbai to pursue his dreams.
- He is currently married to Jaya Bachchan and is the father to two children Abhishek and
- The Amitabh Bachchan biography profile reveals that he debuted as a voice narrator in Mrinal Sen’s award winning movie Bhuvan Shome. His first acting role was as one of the seven lead actors in Saat Hindustani. This film won him the National Film Award for the best newcomer.
- Anand, Parwaana, Reshma aur Shera followed next to name a few. He shot to fame with Zanjeer where he played the role of Inspector Vijay. The biography of Amitabh Bachchan features that he was cast as the lead in Abhimaan, Namak Haraam, Majboor, Chupke Chupke, Faraar, Mili, Deewar, Amar Akbar Anthony, Kabhie Kabhie, Kasme Vaade, Don, Trishul, Muqaddar Ka Sikander,
- According to the Amitabh Bachchan biography profile he has also done playback in films like Mr. Natwarlal, Kaala Patthar, Dostana, Silsila, Shaan, Lawaaris, and Coolie.
- He had a short lived political career.
- The biography of Amitabh Bachchan divulges that there was a dip in his success during 1988-1992. During this period he appeared in films like Shahenshah, Hum, Agneepath, Khuda Gawah , Insaniyat, Mrityudaata, Baade miyaan chote Miyaan and Sooryavansham.
- He set up Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Ltd a production house but it was a major failure.
- He appeared on television as the quiz show host of Kaun banega Crorepati in 2000. He also hosted the third season of Big Boss on 2009.
- From 2000 to the present his career has reached to a high pedestal. With a series of movies like Mohabbatein, Ek Rishtaa, Kabhi khaushi Kabhi Gham, Baghban, Aks, Aakhein, Khakke, Dev, Black, Sarkar, Kabhi Alvida na Kehna, Baabul, Eklavya, Nishabd, Cheeni Kum, Shootout at Lokhandwala, The last Lear, Bhootnath, Sarkar Raj and Paa he has established himself as one of the biggest stars of Bollywood.
- Amitabh Bachchan Biography profile boasts of four National Film Awards and fourteen Filmfare Awards.
The biography of Amitabh Bachchan upholds the fact that he is a legend. He has also endorsed numerous brands and his magic still continues to cast a spell on millions of Indians.